Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do you need to speak Spanish to live and work in Barcelona, Spain


Do you need to speak Spanish to live and work in Barcelona, Spain?
Is the knowledge of Spanish required to live and work in Barcelona, Spain? I speak fluent English and fluent French. Yes I am serious. In some countries there are very solid expat communities that allow one's to live in the country without necessarily speak the local language. I do it all the time, and I work for English-speaking companies wherever I go.
Other - Spain - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, it's probably better if you can't communicate there. Are you serious?
2 :
Of course, it is absolutely necessary... do you think it is necessary to speak french if you go work in France??
3 :
I´m British and I live in Spain and I believe as you are a guest living in someone elses country then you should learn the language. I´m learning Spanish because I want to integrate.