Thursday, October 7, 2010

will AT&T prepaid cell phones work in spain


will AT&T prepaid cell phones work in spain?
I have a prepaid cell phone and I need to contact my family when i go on my class spain trip.
Other - Spain - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ask a.t.& t....
2 :
Your phone must have a removable sim card, and be unlocked for use in Europe. If your phone doesn't have a sim card, then you need to rent a special multi-band phone and buy a sim card (and it's prepaid, and it won't likely last very long). Do you know? In my day, when we went on school trips to other countries, we didn't contact our families. AT ALL. We sent them a post card or two while on the trip, and they arrived after we had returned. I lived in Spain for a full year, and called my parents TWICE. Once, shortly after we got there, and once, when there was an attempted coup, just to let them know I was okay. You REALLY can't manage to be without your cell phone for a WEEK? They DO have pay phones, there, and phone stores where you can make calls, and hotels, that you can call from the room. And internet cafés, and internet in many hotels, with a few computers around to use.