Sunday, March 21, 2010

Will electronic audio equipment (eg amplifier, cd player) bought in Spain work in the UK


Will electronic audio equipment (eg amplifier, cd player) bought in Spain work in the UK?
I am currently living in Spain but will move to the UK soon and I want to know if I can use my audio and video equipment in the UK just changing the plugs, or whether I would need to buy a converter or something.
Other - Electronics - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should be fine most of Europe uses 220V (I think) all I know is its a funny shaped plug...I promise you will be fine.......
2 :
Yes it will work because in Spain its 220V 50hz and in UK is 240V 50hz. It is better to bring those universal travellers plug adaptor to be sure.
3 :
You may need to buy a transformer to adjust your electronics to UK standards. If you both use PAL (625 lines per frame) then you should have no problem at all. UK is a bit expensive so good luck with the move. Why are you moving there when the Brits are moving to Spain for a more relax, slow paced life? Just curious!