Saturday, August 14, 2010

What do I need to work in Spain


What do I need to work in Spain?
I'm a UK Citizen, if I want to work in Spain temporarily is it the same as working in the UK? Do I just give them my national insurance number? I meant Identification.
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
European Union Citizens Any EU citizen intending to stay in Spain for more than three months is obligated to register at the Foreigner's Offices (Oficinas de Extranjería) - or local police station if there is no foreigner's office of the place they intend to stay. A registration certificate as an EU Resident (certificado de registro) is issued. This document certifies their residence in Spain and states name, address, nationality, and the foreigners tax identification or NIE (Número de Identificación de Extranjero) number along with date of registration. Note: Previous to the introduction of this registration certificate in April 2007, foreigners had to apply separately for an NIE number. This is now incorporated in the residence certificate application process. You can get details on what to do at the link below.