Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Will my appliances work in Spain


Will my appliances work in Spain?
I'm finally going in November... after waiting and sacrificing for 29 years... and I've done loads of research. I still have a question, though. I have hair management issues and so I have to use a blowdryer and a flatiron on my hair. However, I know that the voltage is different (US uses 110 and Spain uses 220, I believe). Will my appliances work over there, or will I have to buy new ones over there?
Other - Spain - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can buy an electrical converter ( a plug like thing) at an appliance store before you go.
2 :
there are converters that you can buy. go to your local hardware and electronics store and ask them about it. OR you can buy them when you get there.
3 :
First, check to see if your appliances are dual voltage. It'll say something like 110v/220v on it. If they are dual voltage, all you'll need will be a plug adapter. (They may have a switch you have to turn to get the correct voltage.) However, if they aren't, you need a voltage converter. For heat-producing items you need one with higher wattage; for charging phones, laptops, etc. you need one with lower wattage. So your best bet is to get a combination converter. I use this one. Pricey, but oh so handy: http://www.magellans.com/store/Adaptor_Plugs___Converters___Voltage_ConvertersEA238?Args= Don't wait until you get there to buy one, as it will be horrendously expensive.
4 :
CCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE