Thursday, July 1, 2010

Will my US appliances work in Spain


Will my US appliances work in Spain?
I'm going to Spain in December and I want to bring my laptop, cell phone, iPod, hair dryer, hair straightener and other things to Spain. But my mom has told me that the outlets and plugs are different or something like that. So will i be able to plug them in and will they work?
Packing & Preparation - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, they will not work without purchasing a converter to go from US to Euro specs.
2 :
They will not work. you will need an adaptor to plug your appliances in. You can buy adaptors when you get to spain. Hoped this helped :)
3 :
You will need an adapter for each appliance since the outlets are different. These can be bought cheaply at any hardware store. The second thing you need to know is that the voltage in spain is 220V compared to 110V in the US. fortunately most appliances today are dual-voltage meaning they work in both countries. you should check out somewhere on the appliance or its adapter to see if this is the case. If it says only 110V then you are better off buying a new one in Spain. From my experience I can tell you that your iPod, Laptop, and cellphone are a sure thing. the others I advise to check the voltage label it is usually somewhere at the bottom or next to the cord or on the adapter.