Thursday, May 14, 2009

What's the best way for an American to legally work in Spain


What's the best way for an American to legally work in Spain?
I plan on going to Barcelona to do a Master's degree. I will need to find part time work to augment my savings and survive. I spent a year studying there already (undergrad) and found it was IMPOSSIBLE to get work without a work permit. How can I legally work in Catalunya?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Marry someone who is a citizen of a country in the EU. Have you gone to the Spanish embassy and applied for a work permit?
2 :
get certified to teach English. If you have specific skills to teach business or legal English, that might be even better. Do a search for CELTA online for certification. I wouldn't recommend the marriage thing. Often used, often abused. The authorities know what to look for in terms of scammers -- and you're left vulnerable to someone else.