Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I´m American. I have a valid resident permit for Germany but I´d like to move to SPAIN, can I work there


I´m American. I have a valid resident permit for Germany but I´d like to move to SPAIN, can I work there?
I have a valid one year resident and work permit for Germany but I really miss Barcelona and would like to return, but I need to look for legal work. Most places ask Americans to have EU papers, does my German resident /stay title allow me the opportunity to look for work in Spain and can I then apply for a Spanish resident visa once I have obtained legal work? In Spain will I have to apply for the same type of work I do in Germany? Urgently need advice.
Embassies & Consulates - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why the hell do you want to move out of America.....the country that 90% of the world is dying, sometimes literally, to get into?
2 :
Hi, You should be able to travel to Spain since you probably have a Schengen visa. From there you should be able to find employment, but I don't know if you need a work permit before that, or whether your would-be employer must sponsor you first. Give the Spanish consulate a call and ask them.
3 :
European here. You have a one year resident and work permit for Germany. But have to tell you your German resident stay only allowed you to work in Germany not the rest of Europe. You will have to apply to each European country if you want to work there. Like you said you can apply for a Spanish resident visa before you step foot in Spain.
4 :
in order to work in Spain , you must first find a job there ,yes you can go look for a job ,once you have obtained a job you will have residency ,no, you do not have to have the same job , U.S. citizens do not need a visa for tourist or business to Spain you may also look on the internet : http://jobs.escapeartist.com/Openings/Spain www.monster.es, www.trabajos.com, www.infojobs.es.