Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What do I need to make my hair drier (120 V) work in Spain where voltage is 230 V


What do I need to make my hair drier (120 V) work in Spain where voltage is 230 V ?

Engineering - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you need a power adapter - the sockets there are different, too. The adapter will have resistors built in to convert the voltage, and will go in the spanish socket but have an american outlet.
2 :
You need a big heavy expensive transformer (step down) with a rating equal to that of the hair drier. see second reference. $60, weighs 25 pounds. Better is to spend the few bucks for a dual-voltage drier. Cheaper, and you don't have to lug the transformer around. I have one Iv'e used on trips for a lot of years. see first reference. About $10-20 .