Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I have a debit card, will it work in spain


I have a debit card, will it work in spain?
I have a Debit card, it has the visa symbol in the bottem right corner, i live in wiconsin, will it work in spain? on the back in the bottem right and left it says pulse and plus.
Other - Spain - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If the ATM in spain is on one of the card's networks, yes. You will be subject to bank fees and your bank's exchange rate. I was able to use my atm card in Italy just fine. And the exchange rate was actually pretty good, but then, I have a credit union. Fees are more reasonable.
2 :
Absolutely! Spain, like all countries is Europe are ver advanced in commerce and trade, including ATM's. There is usually a fee of about the equivalent of $1.00-$1.50 for withdrawals. So my advise is to take out enough money that the charge is just a miner percentage of the total. You wouldn't want to pay $1.50 to withdraw $20, but you might want to pay $1.50 to withdraw $200. Going into a bank and using the ATM card to withdraw money is also a great way to meet real people. If they don't handle the cash right there, they will most likely walk you over to the ATM to help you through the process. You can punch a button so that all of the transaction is done in your primary language. One important hint: when the transaction is nearly over the screen will tell you to "remove your card" prior to dispensing the cash. I didn't have my glasses on that day and thought it was telling me to "withdraw my cash" instead of card. The ATM swollowed my ATM card and I spent three days getting my card back. Had a date with the lady at the bank who helped me get my card back, as they would only mail the card to an address, and then you had to go there to get it. You also get the very best exchange rate anywhere when you use the ATM machines or the actual people in the bank. Stick a couple of $100 bills in a hiding spot, just in case you lose your wallet or ATM card. It's no vacation to be in Europe with no access to your money.
3 :
i hate it when people write really long answers to a simple question!!! yes you can use your visa debit card in spain, But remember in spain if your paying by csrd,(debit or credit card) you must produce ID to confirm its your card. so you have to show the your passport or drivers license. :-) hope this helps
4 :
Not only does it work, it's the best way of obtaining funds.There are plenty of ATM machines throughout Spain, I suggest that you use the ones that are a part of the Spanish banks. I'm an American guy that has used my Visa debit card many times in Spain, it's well worth the nominal fee you'll be charged.
5 :
yes you can use your visa debit card in Spain - there is a option to change the language to English
6 :
Yes it will. I used my Australian debit card with a Visa symbol & plus symbol without any hassles. When I was there in 2001 (Christmas & NY - they were just introducing the Euro) and there was a limit of 500 Euros withdrawal per card, per day which made it a bit expensive in bank fee's. One word of warning though.. friends just returned from Barcelona & had issues with unauthorised transactions & thier card was placed on a watchlist by the bank until the bank could verify the transactions were legitimate. Also for extra safety look at having a second emergency card just incase you have problems. Good luck & happy safe travels :-))))