Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where can I get calling cards that work in Spain? What are the best options for making/receiving calls there


Where can I get calling cards that work in Spain? What are the best options for making/receiving calls there?
What are the best options for making/receiving calls in Spain? Is it calling cards or phone cards? What else? And where do I get them? Here in US or in Spain? What locations sell them?
Other - Spain - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you go to Spain, you can buy them there, i don't think the ones you buy in the US work there, and you can start by asking at a post office
2 :
I would certainly try to buy at least one card here FIRST, so that you can make a call once you get there. Check out the Sam's Club (AT&T) calling card. If the package it comes with does not have the access number for Spain then try calling their customer service. I know that I used a Sam's Club pre-paid card about 4 years ago in several countries in Europe, so I hope this helps! Or just get a card from AT&T directly. And no, I don't work for AT&T :-)
3 :
Buy the card in Spain. Most country cards only work in the country sold. Right as you enter customs in Madrid there is a lady hawking cards in her booth which are reasonably priced. You can also get them at the "Telefonica" and most tobacco stands. Do not use the card hooked into your home phone if you don't want a minumum $10 bill for a 1 minute call.