Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where can I get a job in Social Work in Spain


Where can I get a job in Social Work in Spain ?
I want to move to Spain soon, I am not sure exactly where, and I need to look for a job. I have lots of experience working in Social Services (Social Worker) here in the United States. Where can I find a job in Social Work in Spain?? Are there any good websites with that info?? Where should I look?? Who should I contact?? Spanish is my first language, so that would not be a problem at all. Any information will help. Thanks.
Other - Spain - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are 3 million people unemployed in Spain right now. That figure could reach 4 million this year. There are no jobs for any foreigners here. It's that simple.
2 :
Are you mad!! There are no jobs in Spain at the moment. People are trying to keep the jobs they have and believe you me if you've got a job in your own country stay there. Don't even think of coming to Spain until the recession is over. I think you had better read the newspapers try www.bbc.co.uk www.elpais.es This will fill you in on the economic reality and don't forget you can't get any Social Security here if you haven't worked for at least two years. Plus if you are an American or South American you need to get a Visa and the government won't be giving those out too readily now with the economic climate here.