Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where can I find a work program in Spain


Where can I find a work program in Spain?
I am an American college student and I want to find a program that will allow me to work in Spain next summer. Do you recommend any good programs or know where I could find one?
Other - Destinations - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is no work program, you have to find a job on your own while in your country. Unless you are highly qualified ? You will not be able to find one.
2 :
This is extremely unlikely with the current economy. The unemployment rate in Spain is is around 20% and about 50% among the 16 - 24 year old age range. There is no working holiday visa available to US citizens since the US does not offer one to most Europeans. I believe that there may be a working holiday agreement between the US and Ireland though. European regulations require that a company advertise jobs and demonstrate that there are no viable EEA candidates for a job before the company can apply for a work permit for another foreigner. This severly limits job opportunities when there are so many unemployed candidates on the market.